FIRE PERMIT & CONDITIONS
Permits are Required on a "Year Round Basis"
- NOTICE: PRIOR TO IGNITING YOUR FIRE, THE BONNYVILLE 911 DISPATCH SERVICE MUST BE CONTACTED AT 780-826-7446.
- No burning when winds are over 15 kmph (10 mph).
- In the case that smoke would cause a hazard to visibility while burning, “Smoke Signs” must be posted. Therefore before igniting fire, permit holder must contact Transportation Systems Management Inc. at 645-4720 if burning near a Primary Highway and contact the County Office at 645-3301 or the Public Works Shop at 645-3006 if burning near a maintained County Road.
- Avoid burning when winds are blowing towards any Primary, Secondary Highways, or maintained County Roads.
- A minimum fee of $450.00 or any costs incurred by the County or the Fire Departments will be charged to the landowner if the Fire Department or County is called upon to respond or extinguish a fire. Additional charges may be pending under the Forest and Prairie Protection Act or if the landowner or occupant does not have a Fire Permit.