Click to Load our County Webmap

Manufactured - Mobile

Looking to build a Manufactured/ Mobile Home?

A building permit is required for the construction of a manufactured or mobile home. Below is a list of items and information that are required to begin the permitting process:

1. Completed Development permit application form with detailed site plan

2. Completed Building Application Form

3. Builder License for contractors or Owner Builder Authorization for individuals planning to build their own home. For more information about builder licensing please visit

4. Copy of new Home Buyer Protection Act Registration Certificate or Exemption Certificate. To register, please call Alberta Municipal Affairs at 1-866-421-6929 or visit

5. Two complete sets of construction drawings printed or one PDF copy that include: Elevation drawings Floor plans for all developed floors, including area of each floor Building cross section Foundation Plan (see below Foundation Information) Specifications/layouts for any engineered projects (ie. Trusses, beams, floor systems, etc.) Layouts can be onsite at framing stage

6. Year of manufacture - manufactured homes more than 10 years of age will require an inspection report completed by a Safety Codes Officer prior to occupancy. To see an example of the Inspection Report required, click here.

7. Serial #, AMA #, CSA,QAI or Interek #

8. Completed Manufactured Home Information Sheet

9. National Energy Code for Building Compliance Report

10. National Energy Code 9.36 Compliance Report for houses and small buildings (new construction including additions.)
Questions regarding the National Energy Codes can be directed to Alberta Municipal Affairs, Safety Services at 1-866-421-6929 or by email at and visit their website at

Please ensure that you have included all ten documents with your permit application. The building permit application does not include electrical, gas, plumbing and private sewage disposal permits. To download and apply for these permits, please go to Step 4 by clicking here.

Foundation Information

Foundations that are not required to be designed by a professional engineer or registered architect:
  • Full concrete foundation
  • 4 ft. concrete frost wall on a strip footing
  • 4 ft. pier foundation on a spread footing
Foundations that are required to be designed by a professional engineer or registered architect:
  • Concrete pile and grade beam systems
  • Concrete piles
  • Screw piles
  • Preserved wood foundation
  • Shallow foundation (slab on grade) over 55 sq.m
  • ICF - Insulated Concrete Forms (may require engineering if no CCMC approval is provided)
Engineering Required
  • Hydronic in-floor heating system plans
  • Geothermal heating system plans