Know the Risks
Across Canada, we face a number of natural hazards, which can vary from region to region. Knowing what to do during an emergency is an important part of being prepared. Find out more about risks in your region and how to prepare by visiting
GetPrepared.ca. Then use the guide for information on what to do in different situations.
During an emergency
The following steps should be taken in emergency
1. Make sure you are safe before assisting others.
2. Follow your emergency plan.
3. Get your emergency kit.
4. Monitor radio, television and online for
information from authorities. Follow their
5. Stay put until it is safe or you are ordered
6. Limit phone calls to urgent messages only.
Keep the lines free for emergency responders.