Supervisor, Maintenance - Job Details
|Career Title:||Supervisor, Maintenance|
|NAICS Code:||Construction (23)|
|Modified Date:||Mar 03, 2019|
|Description:||Reporting to and receiving guidance and direction from the Manager, Maintenance, the Supervisor, Maintenance is a risk sensitive and safety sensitive position that is responsible for implementing the projects and plans required to support the Public Works Maintenance goals and objectives, including:
• Providing supervision and direction to staff, demonstrating positive leadership in the areas of gravel production, exploration, crushing, and graveling; gravel pit reclamation; dust control and cold mix production and layout; snow removal in hamlets; snow blading/plowing in divisions 3 and 4, and the St. Paul and Elk Point airports; and mulching and patching roads.
• Working cooperatively with the Manager, Maintenance, as well as the Maintenance Foreman and Supervisor, Construction in ensuring that the snow is removed, bladed/plowed within assigned areas.
• Ensuring that the necessary internal communication has occurred with Alberta One First Call prior to commencing gravel exploration.
• Proactively addressing complaints, escalating issues to the Manager as appropriate for resolution, and ensuring that complaints are tracked and closed as appropriate in accordance with County procedures.
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate:
• Brings progressively responsible knowledge and experience as a Foreman or Supervisor, specifically with experience in road maintenance.
• Exhibits abilities and skills in:
• Building and managing relationships, resolving issues and conflict in an effective, inclusive, transparent, respectful, and calm manner, employing a positive attitude in day-to-day work.
• Growing and developing a team, including guiding, coaching, and mentoring staff, providing direction and correction in a consistent, timely, and respectful manner.
• Being open-minded, honest, fair, and accountable for own actions.
• Managing multiple, and sometimes conflicting, priorities while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
• Communicating clearly, both in writing and verbally.
• Working with the public, including providing information and addressing any potential conflicts or concerns, while demonstrating sensitivity and diplomacy.
The following would be considered assets in this position:
• Post-secondary education, in Civil Engineering or Engineering Technology (Civil) or other related education.
• Public works supervisory training through Alberta Public Works Association (or equivalent).
• Public consultation training and/or experience.
• Working knowledge of gravel base course applications
• Working knowledge of surfacing practices such as paving, cold mix and seal coating
• Working Knowledge of road construction procedures/practices
This position will work indoors, and be exposed to outdoor elements, including exposure to gravel crushing and processing plant, crushing machinery, noise and dirt. There may be the need to conduct work in the evenings and/or on-call.
The County of St. Paul offers an excellent benefit and pension package and a competitive salary and will negotiate within the position’s salary range based on experience and qualifications.
Competition Deadline and Resumes
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume, and references by March 29th, 2019 to the attention of Tony Devlin, Manager, Maintenance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those applicants that have been chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Mail: County of St. Paul, 5015 49 Ave, St. Paul, Alberta T0A 3A4
|Job Expiry Date:||Mar 29, 2019|
|Company:||County of St. Paul|
|City:||St. Paul, Alberta|
|Postal code:||T0A 3A4|