Health and Safety Coordinator
Company Name: The County of St. Paul, Town of St. Paul, Town of Elk Point and the Summer Village of Horseshoe Bay
Job Name: Health and Safety Coordinator
Department / Division: Regional Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S)
Location: St. Paul, Alberta
Closing Date: 08/08/2022
The County of St. Paul, Town of St. Paul, Town of Elk Point and the Summer Village of Horseshoe Bay are currently recruiting a Health and Safety Coordinator.
Working under the supervision of the Regional Director, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) the Health and Safety Coordinator supports the Regional Director and the St. Paul Regional OH&S Program.
Specifically, the Coordinator will provide support through the coordinating, scheduling, and documenting the occupational health and safety orientations, training, and administrative duties of the occupational health and safety department. The Coordinator will, as needed, provide support to the Regional Emergency Management Agency. The Coordinator is employed by the County of St. Paul and is located out of the Town of St. Paul Administration Office.
Among other duties, the Coordinator will:
- Provide administrative assistance to the occupational health and safety department by tracking incidents, training records, and scheduling a variety of training for employees (e.g., Confined Space, First Aid), along with following the standard safety orientation procedures and documentation in providing safety orientation training for employees.
- Maintaining the occupational health and safety database, manuals, and filing systems.
- Providing administrative support for all disability management functions, such as managing correspondence with WCB and physician offices, along with working with an injured worker when completing the online WCB Claims.
- As needed, fulfill the Emergency Coordinator role for all safety drills and emergencies.
Qualified Candidate Requirements
- High school diploma or GED supplemented by the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally, with accuracy and attention to detail on written correspondence.
- The ability to interact with and work courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, ensuring a positive attitude is employed in day-to-day work, along with a professional and personable approach with others is required, along with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A Safety Audit designation/experience in a Safety Role is an asset.
- Experience and working comfort with the Microsoft Office suite of products is required.
Competition Deadline and Resumes
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter, resume, and references by August 8, 2022 to [email protected]
Attention Sheila Kitz, CAO
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those applicants that have been chosen for an interview will be contacted.