Park Caretakers Floating Stone Municipal Park (Seasonal Contract Position)
Company Name: County of St. Paul
Job Name: Park Caretakers Floating Stone Municipal Park (Seasonal Contract Position)
Department / Division: Community Services
Location: Floating Stone Municipal Park
Start Date: 11/05/2022
Closing Date: 03/02/2022
The County of St. Paul is seeking a two (2) person team interested in a seasonal contract position as Park Caretakers for Floating Stone Municipal Park (link to webpage) and will report to the Director of Community Services. Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- The following are required in this position:
- Ability to live at the park during the camping season.
- Previous Park Caretaker experience, preferably within a Municipal setting.
- Knowledge and some experience with general grounds maintenance, cleanup, and light equipment operations.
- Ability to be respectful of the Public, resolve issues and conflict in an effective, inclusive, transparent, and calm manner.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ensure that a positive attitude is maintained in day-to-day work.
- Assist in the enforcement of the County Parks Bylaw and the Rules for Parks and Camping.
- Intermediate computer skills. The Caretakers may be required to assist campers with registrations and cancellations.
- Ability to adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and the County’s work safety policies, procedures, and directives to ensure the protection of themselves, the public, property, and the environment.
- The following are considered assets or preferences in this position:
- A valid Alberta Class 5 vehicle license.
- Working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Light equipment operations and servicing experience.
- Grounds keeping and landscaping experience.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
The County of St. Paul No. 19 offers a competitive compensation contract. This position is a seasonal position with a term commencing May 11 and terminating September 7, 2022. Living accommodations will be provided.
Floating Stone Municipal Park is located 4 km west and 8 km north of Ashmont.
Interested applicants should send a resume with cover letter in confidence to: [email protected]
Tim Mahdiuk, Director of Community Services
St. Paul AB T0A 3A4
780-645-3301, ext. 1204
Application deadline is February 3, 2022, at 4:30 p.m.
The County of St. Paul thanks all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition shall remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.