Lakeshore Developments

Property development is increasing on Alberta’s lakeshores.  Shoreland development can have cumulative, detrimental effects on lakes and lakeshore areas.

A Temporary Field Authorization (TFA) will be required for placing a mooring structure for personal recreational use in Crown owned-bed and shore, for longer than 14 days.

Note:  This is an Alberta government requirement.  If you have questions regarding a client ID or the Temporary Field Authorization, please call Alberta Environment and Parks at 780-623-5279.  The County cannot advise individuals on what the province will require or approve.

If the applicant requires a Municipal Letter of Consent from the County, please email [email protected]  your legal land location and indicate ‘Municipal Letter of Consent’ in the email subject line.

Alberta Government Information on lakeshore developments

Fact Sheet on TFA’s

County Planning & Development page with links to Alberta Government forms