Floating Stone Lake Campground
Located 4 km west & 8 km north of Ashmont in a naturally wooded area abutting the south shore.
The park is maintained and groomed in the most meticulous fashion to ensure its natural beauty.
What visitors had to say about their stay at Floating Stone in 2021 (other reviews on Camp Reservations Canada):
"The location (Floating Stone Lake), the excellent management, and beautiful sites that are so well cared for make this spot a wonderful retreat. We were lucky to spend time this June."
"This was our first stay here for 6 days! The campground is one of the nicest well taking care of we’ve seen in a long time!! ... Super friendly hosts who definitely take pride in taking care of this campground and it surely shows! We’ll definitely be back! Thanks for the memories."
"This campground is AWESOME! Wonderful caretakers who truly care about their campers and campsites. The lake was wonderful. The sites were clean. We had the most wonderful week and we will definitely be back next year!"
- 65 sites (19 are non-powered sites)
- Sites 53 are 65 are new -- larger and non-powered
- There is no designated tenting area: Tenting can be enjoyed within each campsites at the site rental rate
- Dumping station and sewage disposal
- New! Overflow parking lot for the day use area
- 24 hour Park Attendant
- Day use area, swimming, fishing, beaches, boat launch, playgrounds, free WiFi
- New playground features near A loop
- Bundled firewood for sale @ $10.00/bundle (a lot of wood!)
- Ice for sale
- Group use area - non power
- Shower facilities. Portable Showers are not permitted
at any time.
- Large gazebo on beach available to rent
- Day use picnic areas can be reserved at $20/day through the Park Attendants
- 30 minutes northwest of the Town of St. Paul
GPS Lat/Long: 54.2118370, -111.622765
NE 36-60-12-W4; 11430 Twp Rd 604; Ashmont, Alberta Canada
Head west on Hwy 28 from Ashmont. Turn North on Rg Rd 115 for 8 km then turn right on Twp Rd 603 Watch for the blue Municipal Campground sign.