County of St. Paul Public Works
You'll find the latest notices about all public works on this page. This includes updates on current projects, road maintenance, road closures and road bans. We've also listed everything you need to know about permits & applications and bylaws & policies for the County on this page.
As residents start their fall cleanup, the County of St. Paul would like to remind everyone that fire permits are required year ‘round. If a safe, open fire is in your cleanup plans, you will need a fire permit. Fire permits are free and are valid for ten days from the day issued. Fire Permits…Learn More
Due to the excessive rainfall, the following roads are closed indefinitely – TWP 570A (Armistice Road) Between RR 72 & RR 73 will be closed indefinitely until the washout repairs can be completed. TWP 582 West of RR 50 (Moosehills Road) will be closed indefinitely until the water over the road subsides. TWP 571A (572)…Learn More
Snow Maintenance & Snow Flags
When there is a heavy snowstorm or other major weather event, the County snow removal crews are removing snow and are sanding all of the County roads before removing the snow off of driveways. If snowfall is light, then the County snow removal crews will remove snow from driveways along their snow plow routes if snow flags are on the rural address sign and are visible. Snow flags are available year round.
To register for the Snow Flag Program:
4. Make Your Snow Flag Visible
Install your snow flag on your rural address sign.
Gravel orders RE-OPENED
As of Monday, September 21, new Gravel Delivery orders will be accepted.
Please note that we will be taking these orders on a week to week basis and delivery will be weather dependent.
The County of St. Paul is happy to provide gravel and delivery to county residents. Please see the information below and contact the Public Works Office if you would like to order gravel or if you have any questions. The Public Works contact information is located at the bottom of this page.
County property owners may purchase a maximum of 25 tonnes of gravel annually per rural address or approved Development Permit (as of April 1, 2020)
Gravel - Private Sales (as of April 1, 2020)
$12/tonne delivered - maximum 25 tonnes/ rural address or approved Development Permit
$8.00/tonne self-haul - maximum 25 tonnes. Hauled directly from the Gravel Pit
$12/tonne self-haul - maximum 25 tonnes. Hauled from County Public Works Yard
Gravel Base Course & Chipseal Scopes
- Perfomed patch repairs in Twp Rd 590.
- RR 43 Spring Cleanup
- Twp Rd 580 (Chamberland Road)
- Robinson Road (RR 110) complete
- Grassy Island Road (Twp Rd 610) complete
- Richland Road (RR 74) - Currently underway as start date was June 24, 2020
- Ambler Road (RR 95) Underway - started on August 17
- Gill Road (RR 92) Project slated after the completion of Ambler Road Estimated start date of October 13, 2020
- Sloan Approach (RR 104) Project slated after completion of Gill Road
- Labant Road (Twp Rd 592) Final project slated October 26, 2020
Rip & Pack/ Reclaiming/ Cold Mix
- Twp 574 is complete for reclamation
- Rip and pack is now complete on RR 74 (Shamrock Valley) and overlay is also complete
- Rip and pack on RR 55 is complete (turned back to gravel)
- Rip and pack RR 40 North of 562 is complete
- RR 95 (Twp Rd 582 to Twp 584) is complete
- RR 61 north and south of Northern Valley is complete
- Twp Rd 564 & RR 113 is underway and close to completion
- RR 63 north of Northern Valley is complete
- Willow Range is complete
- Bona Vista Road (RR 85) is complete
- Owlseye Hamlet is complete
- Twp 604 west of Mallaig is complete
- Twp 584 (RR 91 to 93) start on September 22
- RR 113 near Ashmont start on September 28
- Twp Rd 614 - East of St. Lina reclamation is ongoing
- Twp Rd 582 north of St. Paul will have another pass completed with reclaimers
All road restrictions have been lifted unless otherwise posted (July 6, 2020).
Due to the excessive rainfall in the spring, the following roads are closed indefinitely –
- TWP 570A (Armistice Road) Between RR 72 & RR 73 will be closed indefinitely until the washout repairs can be completed.
- TWP 582 West of RR 50 (Moosehills Road) will be closed indefinitely until the water over the road subsides.
- TWP 571A (572) between RR 104 and RR 105 will be closed indefinitely until the water over the road subsides.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a Public Works related question we invite you to contact the County of St. Paul using the contact information found on this page.
Public Works Main Phone:
Physical Shop Address:
5618 - 57 Street
St. Paul, AB
May 15th - October 15th, 2020:
7:00am - 4:30pm
Closed for lunch from noon-12:30
October 16th - April 14th:
7:00am - 4:30pm
Closed for lunch from noon-12:30
Closed all Statutory Holidays