Skip to content

Online Services  |  Maps  |  News  |  Events  |  Careers


Home » Utilities

Utilities in the County of St. Paul

Utilities in the County of St. Paul are administered through our county office. If you have any questions, please contact us.


Water & Metering

The meter measures water flow into the home, and is used to determine water and sewer charges. A wire connects the meter to an automatic reading box (ARB) outside the house, which the municipality uses to read the meter without entering the home.

The household meter has a mechanical, digital (odometer-like) counter, and a red indicator, which is about 2 inches long. The meter reads in cubic meters, where one cubic meter is about 220 imperial gallons. The black odometer numbers on the white background are cubic meters, The water meter can also be used to test for household leaks. To perform a test, make sure everything is turned off, including: toilets, sinks, automatic water sprinklers, hoses, automatic humidifiers, automatic ice machines, automatic drinking water filters or reverse osmosis devices.

If you suspect a leak, please call your service provider to make an appointment for a technician to check your meter. If you have recently moved and would like your water meter hooked up, please call your service provider to have it installed.

Water Utility Rates

noun_Water Bill_1959964

Lottie Lake

- Fixed Costs: $60.00
- Consumption (Water - $5.12 per cubic meter)

noun_Water Bill_1959964

Ashmont Regional (RR 112 line)

- Fixed Costs $28.57
- Consumption (Water - $2.33 per cubic Meter)

noun_Water Bill_1959964


- Fixed Costs: $60.00
- Sewer Service Fee: $25.00
- Consumption (Water - $5.12 per cubic meter)

noun_Water Bill_1959964

Elk Point Regional

- Fixed Costs: $51.65 
- Consumption (Water - $1.77 per cubic meter)

noun_Water Bill_1959964


- Fixed Cost $60.00
- Sewer Service Fee $10.00
- Consumption (Water - $5.12 per cubic meter)

noun_Water Bill_1959964

Summer Residents

Summer Residents are charged the fixed rate year round as of March 14, 2017.


The Town of St. Paul offers a Water Cardlock System located at our Meter House (40th Street South). For further information, please call 780-645-4481 between the hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday - Friday).

Water Utility Payment Options

The following payment options are available for county ratepayers. Please review the following payment options and terms and conditions.


Automatic Online Payments

Utility Customers can apply to have their water and sewer bills withdrawn from their bank account. The monthly withdrawal will be the actual invoice amount; it will not be prorated.

[Contact the County Office]
[PAD Application Form]



Please visit our contact page for contact information and hours.

We accept cash, cheques, debit cards, Mastercard and Visa for your convenience.


After Hours

A 24-hour deposit slot is located on the front door entrance (bottom right) of the County of St. Paul building. Do not deposit cash.

Please visit our contact page for location.


By Mail

Send a cheque or money order payable to "County of St. Paul" to 5015-49 Avenue, St. Paul AB T0A 3A4. Do not send cash.

Make sure to write your roll number and enclose the property portion of your tax bill.


If you have a Utilities related question we invite you to contact the County of St. Paul using the contact information found on this page.

Contact Information

DANNY WEINMEIER, Utilities Supervisor

[email protected]


5015 - 49 Avenue
St. Paul, AB  T0A 3A4

Regular Hours: 
8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed for lunch from 12:00pm - 1:00pm

Closed all Statutory Holidays