Stoney Lake Campground
What visitors had to say about their stay at Stoney Lake in 2023
(some reviews shortened, additional reviews on CampReservations.ca)
Lovely spot!! We don't camp here often but we try to make it there once a year:) We were also too late for the Saskatoon picking, but we can always try again next year:) It's a lovely campground close to home and the hosts are excellent, they greeted us as soon as we pulled in! I'm sure we'll be back next year:)
Excellent week at Stoney Lake! We've stayed here numerous times in the past, and will continue to do so. Excellent Wi-Fi, clean facilities, and management that obviously takes great pride in making sure their facility is top notch. Don't think we have ever seen such hardworking and dedicated hosts/management.
Clean and friendly This is our go to campground. Very clean bathrooms, the caretakers are very nice and take pride in keeping the grounds clean. They always give us a wave as they do their rounds or stop by to say hi.
Little Hideaway CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! It cannot be overstated how much meticulous care the managers put into maintaining the campground. The bathrooms are spotless. The garbage is are never overflowing – in fact, they pick up garbage several times a day. And they enforce the rules! When it’s quiet time, the campground IS quiet. Gates are locked on time. This campground attracts those who respect others who also want a quiet getaway. We feel safe here, and we will keep coming back. Thank you, Management!
- Located 20 minutes south-east of the Town of St. Paul
- 45 stalls with power
- There is no designated tenting area: Tenting can be enjoyed within each campsites at the site rental rate
- Sewage disposal
- 24 hour Park Attendant
- Day-use area, beach area, beach volleyball, playground area, swimming, fishing, free Wifi
- New playground structures installed next to the shower building
- A new boat launch was installed in 2021. A separate boat launch is available at the south end of the lake
- Bundled firewood for sale @ $10.00/bundle
- Ice for sale
- Shower facilities. Portable Showers are not permitted
at any time.
- Gazebo on the beach for group use area
- Day use picnic areas can be reserved at $20/day through the Park Attendants
GPS Lat/Long: 53.8677370, -111.080861
8117 Hwy 646, Stoney Lake, Alberta, Canada
From St. Paul travel east on Hwy 29 for 1 mile then turn south on Hwy 881 then turn east on Hwy 646 then turn south on Rg Rd 81A. Watch for the blue Municipal Campground Sign