Stoney Lake Campground
Pioneer Park is the theme of this truly natural facility. It offers the ultimate in camping with total privacy between large stalls in this undisturbed wooded area. The natural topography segregates the camping area from the beach and activity centre. A large day-use area is complimented with playground equipment.
What visitors had to say about their stay at Stoney Lake in 2022 (other reviews on CampReservations.ca):
"This is a very well run campground and the campground management is excellent. We enjoy our stay here every time we come. It really is a hidden gem 🙂 If you plan your visit just right you can get some Saskatoon berries :)"
"This was our first time to the campground based on recommendations from friends. The sites are very private and well maintained. The shower room is very clean although could open and close a little longer daily. Don't forget to bring a loonie if you are to shower there. Ideally two loonies are sufficient. We will be going back there in a heartbeat!!"
"We have been coming here for the past 2 years and always love it. The campsites are always so clean as are the outhouses and showers! The caretakers are wonderful and very friendly. We will continue to come here with our family and always recommend it to our friends!"
From 2021: "This campground was very quiet, nice private spacious treed lots and beautiful sunsets over the lake. Kids loved the playground on the beach and teenager loved the free Wifi."
- Located 20 minutes south-east of the Town of St. Paul
- 45 stalls with power
- There is no designated tenting area: Tenting can be enjoyed within each campsites at the site rental rate
- Sewage disposal
- 24 hour Park Attendant
- Day-use area, beach area, beach volleyball, playground area, swimming, fishing, free Wifi
- New playground structures installed next to the shower building
- A new boat launch was installed in 2021. A separate boat launch is available at the south end of the lake
- Bundled firewood for sale @ $10.00/bundle
- Ice for sale
- Shower facilities. Portable Showers are not permitted
at any time.
- Gazebo on the beach for group use area
- Day use picnic areas can be reserved at $20/day through the Park Attendants
GPS Lat/Long: 53.8677370, -111.080861
8117 Hwy 646, Stoney Lake, Alberta, Canada
From St. Paul travel east on Hwy 29 for 1 mile then turn south on Hwy 881 then turn east on Hwy 646 then turn south on Rg Rd 81A. Watch for the blue Municipal Campground Sign