Lakeshore Developments

Property development is increasing on Alberta’s lakeshores. Shoreland development can have cumulative, detrimental effects on lakes and lakeshore areas.

An Alberta Government Temporary Field Authorization (TFA) will be required for placing a mooring structure for personal recreational use in Crown owned-bed and shore, for longer than 14 days.
Alberta Government Fact Sheet
Request for Client ID Application
Application for Temporary Field Authorization

Note:  This is an Alberta government requirement.  If you have questions regarding a client ID or the Temporary Field Authorization, please call Alberta Environment and Parks at 780-623-5279.  The County cannot advise individuals on what the province will require or approve.

If the applicant requires a Municipal Letter of Consent from the County, please submit your request below.

There is a $50 fee for each Letter of Consent to cross County Lands for the purpose of acquiring a permit from Alberta Environment and Parks for a Mooring Structure (dock).

Applicants may pay the fee through OptionPay.  If you chose to make the payment through OptionPay, under the ‘Type’ of payment select ‘Municipal Letter of Consent’.  A receipt will be sent directly to the Bylaw Enforcement Officer who issues the Letter of Consent.  Remember to include your email in the ‘Receipt email’ for a copy of the receipt. 
The Letter of Consent will be sent to the applicant by email which means there is less of a delay in receiving the Letter of Consent.
Note:  OptionPay charges a $2.00 fee:  The total charge to your credit card for the Letter of Consent will be $52.00.